ALABAMA ENGINEERING & MEDICAL
University of Alabama Engineering & Medical
(Alabama Residents Version: 329.5a)
Time Limit: 3 Weeks
1. What language is spoken in Alabama?
2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian
Empire with particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social conditions
-OR- give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.
3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to
(a) build a bridge
(b) sail the ocean
(c) lead an army or
(d) WRITE A PLAY
4. What religion is the Pope?
(e) Agnostic (check only one)
5. Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters?
6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12
and the little hand is on the 5?
7. How many commandments was Moses given?
8. What are people in America's far north called?
(c) Northerners (Yankees)
9. Spell -- Bush, Carter and Clinton
10. Six kings of India have been called Akbar , the
last one being
Akbar the Sixth. Name the previous five.
11. Where does rain come from?
(b) a 7-11
(d) the sky
12. Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
13. What are coat hangers used for?
14. What year were you born (Apprx.)?
15. Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic
your name in BLOCK LETTERS.
16. Where is the basement in a three story building
17. Which part of America produces the most oranges?
18. Advanced math. If you have three apples how many
apples do you have
19. What does VOA (Voice of America) stand for?
20. The University of Alabamas tradition for
efficiency began when
(approximately)? (a) B.C. (b) A.D. (c) still waiting
*You must answer at least three questions correctly