Have you heard about the new program on CBS? It's called "Jewish Survivor."
Eighteen Jews are put in a two bedroom non-Rent Controlled Apartment (not a sublet) on the
Upper West Side of New York. Each week they vote out one of the Tribe until there is a
survivor who gets a $1 million trust fund.
1. No maid service or cleaning lady visits.
2. No use of ATM's or Credit Cards - cash only.
3. No food from carry out or delivery.
4. No calls to mother (for women) or the office (for men).
5. Any trip outside the apartment can only be by foot, bus or subway -- no cabs.
5a. All workouts/exercise must be done in regular sweats -- no designer labels allowed
-- oops I forgot exercise must be more than channel changing.
6. Nothing from Zabars allowed.
7. No Jewish Geography.
8. TV allowed, but no cable.
9. No New York Times, only New York Post.
10. On Jewish Holidays, Tribe members can take the day off -- but must actually go to
11. Any member checking on stock market investments is immediately excluded.
12. Team members must construct their own furniture with only a hammer, saw and nails
-- no Pottery Barn catalogs allowed.
13. Team members must dress for all meals, and they must of course do their own nails,
hair and makeup. However, an emergency stylist & manicurist is on call for bad hair
days and nail emergencies (limited to one visit per person per week).
14. There is only one phone line for all 18 Tribe members and no call can last more
than 3 minutes. No call waiting.
15. All maintenance problems must be resolved by the Tribe without help from any
gentile (including the building superintendent)