A Halloween Safety Public Service Announcement
As we all prepare for the upcoming Halloween season, please take a few minutes to read
some simple rules to help keep everyone safe.
1. Don't assume the telephone calls are coming from another house.
2. When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER check to see if it's really
3. Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.
4. Don't go into the basement to check the power when the lights go out!
5. If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language which they should not
know, shoot them immediately. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run. However, it
will probably take several rounds to kill them, so be prepared. This also applies to kids
who speak with somebody else's voice.
6. When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER split up and go it alone.
7. Don't have sex. Especially if you've noticed a few of your friends are missing!
8. As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open a portal to Hell.
9. Never stand in, on, or above a grave, tomb, or crypt. This would apply to any other
house of the dead as well.
10. If you're searching for something which caused a loud noise and find out that it's
just the cat, don't stand there sighing with relief, GET THE HELL OUT!
11. If appliances start operating by themselves, don't check for short circuits; JUST
12. Do not take ANYTHING from the dead.
13. If you find a town which looks deserted, there's probably a good reason for it.
Don't stop and look around.
14. Don't fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you're sure you know what you're
15. If you're running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down at least twice,
more if you are of the female persuasion. Also note that, despite the fact that you are
running and the monster is merely ambling along, it's still moving fast enough to catch up
16. If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic behavior such as
hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes, increasing hairiness, and so on, kill them
17. Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are listed here:
Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog (you're in trouble if you recognize this
one), the Bermuda Triangle, or any small town in Maine.
18. If your car runs out of gas at night on a lonely road, do not go to the nearby
deserted-looking house to phone for help. If you think that it is strange because you
thought you had 3/4 of a tank, shoot yourself instead. You are going to die anyway, and
will most likely be eaten.
19. Beware of strangers bearing strange tools. For example:chainsaws, staple guns,
hedge trimmers, electric carving knives, combines, lawnmowers, butane torches, soldering
irons, band saws, or any devices made from deceased companions.
20. If you find that your house is built upon a cemetery, now is the time to move in
with the in-laws. This also applies to houses that had previous inhabitants who went mad
or committed suicide or died in some horrible fashion.
If you follow these rules, you should have a SAFE Halloween experience.
(Please use these tips on other days as well.)